When playing Fortnite on the computer, you cannot talk to your friends because the mic does not work in Fortnite? Do not be anxious… Although it is very annoying, you are certainly not the only individual to face the Fortnite mic not working problem. Thousands of users have recently reported the same problem. More importantly, you ought to be capable of fixing it simply.
How Can You Solve The Fortnite Mic Not Working Problem?
Here are a few ways that have assisted a lot of players get their microphone working in the Fortnite game again. You do not need to try all of them; simply work the way down this list until you come across the one that really helps you a lot.
Solution#1: Log Out The Fortnite, And Then Log Back In
It is the easiest and quickest solution to try when your mic is not working in Fortnite. Simply log out of your game, and then sign in again. Now, run your game over again and check whether the mic is working. If it is not, then simply go on to the next solution provided.
Solution#2: Set The Mic As The Default Device
A lot of users of the Fortnite game got their microphone working in the Fortnite by setting their mic as the default device on the computer. You can follow the below steps for trying to resolve this issue:
- First of all, you will have to disable the Voice Chat in the Fortnite. In Fortnite, click three lines from the top right > choose the cog icon for opening the settings menu. From the top of your screen, click the icon of speaker for viewing the Audio settings > switch the Voice Chat off > click Apply from the bottom.
- Close the Fortnite.
- Right-click on the icon of volume from the bottom-right part of the screen > choose Sounds > click on the Recording tab.
- Right-click the device you desire to utilize > choose Set as the Default Device option.
Note: You can attempt to speak into the mic for testing if it is functioning correctly. If it is, you ought to see a green bar ascending beside it while you speak.
- Then, right click on and disable all the other input devices apart from the one you desire to make use of. (If you have some other output device, do again for the Playback tab).
- Click OK.
- Open the Fortnite game again, navigate to settings > switch on the Voice Chat.
- Join a team or duo for testing if the microphone functions now. If not, you can go onto the next fix.
Solution#3: Allow Applications To Access The Microphone
A lot of PCs had a type of privacy settings reset after a main Windows 10 update, which might have reasoned the Fortnite unable to access the mic. You can see for it through the Settings of your Windows. Here is how:
- In the search box of Windows, enter Settings > choose the matching result.
- Then, click on Privacy.
- From the left pane, click on the Microphone option.
- From the right pane, click on Change, and you will see the microphone is switched on. Also, make certain All application to access the mic option is enabled:
- In the part of select which applications can access the mic, make sure that the Fortnite is switched on. Then, test in the Fortnite game.
Solution#4: Restart Your Windows Audio Service
Another fix to resolve the Fortnite mic not working issue would be restarting the Audio service of your Windows:
- From the keyboard, hit the Windows + R button simultaneously for invoking the Run dialog box.
- Then enter services.msc > hit OK.
- Now, locate and right-click on the Windows Audio > click on Restart option from the upper left.
- Then, simply close the Services window.
- Now, launch the Fortnite once again for checking if the microphone is functioning.
Solution#5: Update The Audio Driver
An outdated or missing audio driver might also stop your microphone from working in the Fortnite game. You can attempt to update the audio driver for better troubleshooting this issue. There’re two methods you can update the audio driver — automatically and manually.
Updating The Audio Driver Manually:
You can update the audio driver manually by simply navigating to the official sit of the hardware manufacturer and looking for the newest driver for the audio device. But if you take such an approach, be certain to select the driver that is compatible with the correct model number of the hardware, and the version of Windows you have.
Updating The Audio Driver Automatically:
If you do not have some time, computer skills or patience for updating the driver manually, you can, then, do so automatically using the Driver Easy tool. You do not have to acquaint exactly what system the PC is running, you do not have to risk downloading and installing the incorrect driver, and you do not have to be anxious about making any error while installing. The Driver Easy can handle everything.
- First of all, download & install the Driver Easy tool.
- Launch the tool > click on Scan Now. This amazing tool will then scan the PC and detect any bad drivers.
- Click on the Update beside any flagged devices for automatically downloading the right version of the drivers > they can be installed manually. Or simply click on Update All button for automatically downloading and installing them all. (It needs the Pro version, you will be asked to upgrade when you click on the Update All option. You acquire full support and a thirty-day cash back assurance.)
- Restart the PC and see if the microphone now functions correctly in the Fortnite.
Solution#6: Check For The Windows Updates
If the fixes mentioned above did not help you, the Fortnite microphone not working issue is probably being reasoned by the system issues. You can simply check for the Windows updates.
- Enter update in the search box of Windows > hit Enter.
- Click on check for the updates option from the pop-up window.
- Then, install all the identified updates for troubleshooting the problem.
Solution#7: Install The Fortnite Again
If none of the above solutions fixes the Fortnite mic not working problem, try to install the Fortnite again. Here’s how you can do so:
- First, launch the Epic Games Launcher. From the left panel choose Library. From the right, select the gear from the lower corner of the Fortnite.
- Click Uninstall for uninstalling the Fortnite.
- Restart the computer.
- Then, launch the Epic Games Launcher for downloading & installing the Fortnite again.
Run the Fortnite after you install it again. Join a team for checking if the mic is functioning now. Hopefully, one of these solutions fixed the mic issue.